Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Full Fjord Immersion

Hi Everyone;

Dani, Jennifer, Lucy and I started out July 16th at the Midwest Fjord Horse show held this year in Cedar Rapids.  I was really glad I was not grooming for this one!   It was HOT and muggy!   It was really fun watching so many Fjords showing.  It was also fun watching the trail class to see who might be able to work in therapy.  There is a really neat class - Walk - Trot trail.  The horse starts out the obstacle course being led through different stations.  The rider then mounts 1/2 way through and completes the course.   I had never seen this aspect added to trail.  It was a good addition.  It seemed most like a therapy class to me. 
The most impressive classes were the driving.  So nice and elegant.  To me the highlight was wandering back in the barn and visiting with owners.  The stall that stopped me was a lovely grey dun stallion with a pedigree plaque on the door.  It caught my eye -"Anvil's Fjellrosa" - that was our Rosa!  She was this stallion's paternal grandmother!  Made me feel at home - made me miss Rosa.  
We stayed at the show as long as we could.....


And off we drove to meet Kelly with the trailer along I-35.   We traded him the car for the truck and trailer and off we went on our adventure to meet up with the Christensens to get Petunia and Fritz. 

Who said we took time off:????     HA - Chat soon,  Kris

No comments: